Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Hate week! You know you love it.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.  Well everyone except you red sock wearing cocksuckers that are kansas jayhawk fans.  This is the one week a year where I don't make any attempt to be civil to you bastards.  It's hate week and I am by God going to enjoy it.
If you think it's been a rough year for Missouri, just imagine for a seconds being a fan of the thieving bastards from lawrence, ks.  Expectations were high for the mythical birds.  They were picked to win their first division title since the Big XII was formed.  They had all of their playmakers back and the somewhat tarnished crown as kings of one of college footballs worst divisions was theirs for the taking. 
13 weeks later their season lies in ruins like the desert bar at Golden Corral after a Mark Mangino eating binge.  They will once again return to their rightful place as the division doormats, and there is no way Mangino returns as the head man next season.  However, when you think they are down, that is when they can come up to bite the Tigers.  Win this game and the johnson county mama's boy's fans will have something to feel good about themselves over the winter besides their basketball team.  Believe me, I don't want them to have that.
The game will be played at 2:30 on Saturday afternoon and is on regional televison for ABC.  A big step down from the game 2 years ago, but unless you are from the Kansas City area, I just can't explain it to you.  The Tigers open as a 4 1/2 point favorite and despite my feelings about this, (which are generally somewhat pessimistic) I'm going with the Tigers to cover, winning 34-27.
I'm having to do this quickly this week so I'm going to move around the conference with my picks and cut back on my commentary.
Texas Tech travels cross state to Waco to face the Baylor Bears.  The Red Raiders open as a 21 1/2 point favorite and I don't believe they'll have any problem covering this one.  Tech rolls 38-10.
Corn nation travels west for the holidays to Boulder to face Dan Hawkins, who may well be coaching his last game for the Colorado Buffalo's.  The hicks open as a 10 point favorite.  This is something of a rivalry game and anything can happen.  I'm thinking the buffs play well this weekend but still fall short.  Nebraska wins 24-17.

It's bedlam in Oklahoma as the Cowboys travel to Norman to face the Sooners.  It's being reported that Bob Stoops is talking with Notre Dame about the soon to be open coaching job at South Bend.  This is a game that is pretty important to Missouri fans.  If Okie Light wins they have a decent chance to be selected as an at large participant in the BCS.  This would allow the Tigers to move up a spot in the bowl pecking order.  The game has no line at this point, probably due to uncertainty about Zack Robinson.  Oklahoma is 60-2 at home since Stoops became their coach.  I think they go to 60-3 this weekend as the Cowboys pull out a 21-13 win.    
The final rivalry game is at College Station as the Texas Longhorns open as a 21 point favorite against the A&M Aggies.  Texas is preparing for a date in the national championship game and I don't believe they'll take A&M for granted this week.  Texas rolls 42-17.
I hoped to get some out of conference games picked but the week really got away from me.  All I can say is I apologize and hope that you all have a wonderful holiday.  And I still intend to do something special for coach Mangino following the season, which hopefully ends Saturday evening about 6:00 for the lardass and the thieving beakers.  
 

2 comments: